is what people would call a Multiplayer Game Engine. It lets you develop
a game without having to re-inventing the wheel. Here's what DimensioneX does
- Display of the game scene, play sounds.
- Positioning and behaviour of the players in the game
- Communication via network between the players
- Management of saved games
The users will play your games simply via their browser.
This game engine is actually a Java Servlet. It is not
for a specific platform (i.e. PC or Mac) it will run on any Java-enabled web
server (such as: Tomcat, also freeware).
This means the following:
- Any computer capable of running Java can be used to run
DimensioneX and its games. All you need is just to install Tomcat or any
other equivalent webserver.
- Once a game is developed, it can be immediately published
online: many ISPs today offer servlet hosting. Plus, we offer free hosting
to any game projects being developed on DimensioneX
- Because of its 100% web based paradigm, it's the perfect tool to
create an addictive and viral
Facebook Game App!
- You can exchange games for DimensioneX with other users as
you would do with game CDs or cartridges. Or - unlike most of the game
makers around - you can choose to leave people play your game online without
giving them any access to the game sources.
You may want to read the Frequently
Asked Questions (FAQ) or see the current project